NEW DELHI: A human trafficking racket being run from south Delhi was busted on Friday with the arrest of six persons, including two women. Investigations have unfolded a harrowing tale of two sisters, aged 13 and 8, who had been kidnapped on April 26 from Malviya Nagar and thereafter trafficked.
Police said the arrest of one Radha Rani alias Mataji was a major breakthrough. Rani is suspected to have trafficked dozens of girls to Haryana and other states. The victims were staying with their family in south Delhi. A couple, identified as, Vinod (21) and Laxmi (18), had come to live in the area around a month back. They became friendly with the girls, whose father works with an exports firm. The accused couple kidnapped the girls on April 26 on the pretext of taking them to a zoo. The girls, who were familiar with couple, agreed to go along with them. The accused, however, confined in a room in south Delhi, a source said.
The duo then contacted one Amjad alias Radhe, a notorious trafficker. He also an accused in a case in the Amar Colony area. Police said Amjad asked the duo to bring the girls to ISBT.
At 9.30pm on April 27, Radhe took the girls in a bus to Sirsa in Haryana. In Sirsa, the girls were handed over to Rani (51), who is the kingpin of an inter-state trafficking racket.
Rani first sold off the 13-year-old girl to 50-year-old Mahendra Singh for Rs 60,000. Singh, who is in police custody, said he had got the girl married to his son and did not abuse her sexually.
A missing report had been lodged at the Malviya Nagar police station by the girl’s father, after which a case of abduction was registered. First, the duo, Vinod and Laxmi, were tracked down. The investigation showed the involvement of Amjad. The trail led the police to Sirsa and a police team rescued the girls.
Cops landed at the house of the 50-year-old man and found the 13-year-old girl locked in a room. Both father and son werer taken into custody. The girl’s sister was rescued from Radha Rani’s house hours before she was supposed to be sold off. The girls were brought to Delhi on Thursday and produced before the Child Welfare Committee.
They have undergone a medical examination their statements have been recorded. A source said the girls are being kept at a child welfare home. The victims will soon be handed over to the family, sources added.
Appropriate sections of IPC have been added to the existing case and investigation in the case is on to nab the other accused. The cops are also searching for a man, identified as, Sanjay, a source added.
A couple had come to live in a south Delhi area. They abducted the girls on the pretext of taking them out to the zoo
- Placement Agency owner held in rape abortion case (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- NGO shield for trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Student busts human trafficking racket in Darjeeling (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- A trafficked woman’s story of indomitable courage (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Bruised baby’s mom sold for 2 lakh (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Raids on trains to curb trafficking to check trafficking (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 1500 Assam kids missing in a year (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Raids on trains to curb trafficking to check trafficking (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Tales of trickery in trafficking closet (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Ministry of Home Affairs Issues Advisory on preventing and combating human trafficking in India – dealing with foreign nationals (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Ministry of Home Affairs Issues Advisory on preventing and combating human trafficking in India – dealing with foreign nationals (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Placement Agencies – Organised Trafficking Rackets (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- We try our best, police say (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Women abducted & sold: Gang busted, two arrested (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)