Mangalore, February 16 2012, DHNS
He was speaking at the training and workshop on Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986 organised for the inspectors appointed in Dakshina Kannada district. The workshop was organised by the district administration and Zilla Panchayat in association with Labour Department, Women and Child Welfare Department and other departments at Nethravathi hall in ZP on Thursday.
Jinkalappa said that the Supreme Court has set a deadline of December, 2012 to make the nation child labour free. “With only a few months left, the Chief Secretary of the State has been filing affidavit once in three months to know the status of the child labour cases in Karnataka. The survey of child labours has been completed in 20 districts and the work is pending in rest of the districts,” he said.
Informing about the provisions of the Act, Jinkalappa said that Act deals with Article 23 and 24 of the Indian Constitution prohibiting forced labour and human trafficking which is punishable under the law and prohibition of children below the age of 14 working in factories and other hazardous employment. However, there is no prohibition on non-hazardous work, but it is only regulated.
Stressing on the significance of rehabilitating the child labourers, the Commissioner said that child labour system can not be overthrown until and unless proper rehabilitation is not provided to the rescued child labourers. Earlier, inaugurating the workshop, Principal Senior Civil Judge R V Patil asked the inspectors to bring awareness about Child Labour Act among the people. ZP CEO Dr K N Vijaya Prakash presided over the function.
- Sending child workers back home to their states is not enough (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Policy for Placement Agencies to Minimise Child Labour (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Meeting of Newly Constituted “Central Advisory Board” on Child Labour held (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Meeting of Newly Constituted “Central Advisory Board” on Child Labour held (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Child trafficking rampant in Gujarat, NCPCR tells govt (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Kids continue to toil away their childhood (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Child Labour (theenglishschoolcomo.me)
- NCPCR Issues Directives in wake of Dismal Condition of Child Labourers in Coal Mines (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Scientology’s ‘child labour camp’ (doctore0.wordpress.com)
- Problem of Child Labour (equalityindia.wordpress.com)