Two girls, including a minor, who were kidnapped from West Bengal to be forced into flesh trade, have been rescued from national capital‘s red light area, police said today. Both girls are friends and belong to a poor family in West Bengal’s 24 Paragana (South) district.
“They were brought to Delhi by their boyfriends, who hail from same village, on the pretext of marrying them but they sold them to a brothel in G B Road,” said Devesh Chandra Srivastva, ACP Central District. The girls were freed from the brothel yesterday evening, after Delhi Police received information from the West Bengal police about two girls being kidnapped and confined in the brothel, he said, adding police has obtained the photographs of the girls through email. The raid was conducted along with the volunteers of a Shakti Vahini and the girls were freed and sent to Bapuna shelter home.
Also, on January 12 police had rescued 10 girls brought from Maharashtra, Bihar, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh. Some of the girls were either minor or forced into the flesh trade against their wishes. The raid was conducted in collaboration with an NGO ‘Resceu Foundation’. The managers of the brothels have been arrested, the official said.
- Pushed into flesh trade in Delhi, a woman’s journey back home in Bengal (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 28 women rescued from Grant Road brothel sent back home (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Wrong number lands minor in brothel (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- 24-yr-old caught selling new bride to brothel keeper (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Police rescue 10 women from GB Road area (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Massive girls trafficking racket busted (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Bride Trafficking- Girls Brought From Mp , Bengal Rescued (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)