PIB NEWS / MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
A number of measures have been taken to tackle the menace of human trafficking by the Union Home Ministry. A review meeting with all States Anti-Trafficking Nodal Officers is scheduled to be held on 18th January 2012 to review the progress of Anti-Human trafficking initiatives taken by the states. An Anti-Trafficking Nodal Cell set up in Ministry of Home Affairs acts as a focal point for communicating various decisions and follow up on action taken by the State Governments. Coordination meetings are held with the State Anti-Trafficking Nodal Officers in MHA periodically. Since 2007, ten coordination meetings have been held.A Comprehensive Scheme “Strengthening law enforcement response in India against Trafficking in Persons through Training and Capacity Building, was sanctioned wherein it was proposed to establish 330 Anti Human Trafficking Units (AHTUs ) throughout the country and impart training to 10,000 police officers through Training of Trainers ( TOTs) component. The Home Ministry released Rs. 8.72 crores as first instalment for the year 2010-11, to all the State Governments for establishing 115 Anti Human Trafficking Units. 101 AHTUs have become functional. In 2011-12 110 AHTUs are to be established.
A Project on “Strengthening law enforcement response in India against trafficking in persons through training and capacity building” was taken up as a joint initiative of the Government of India and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, in select States. The joint project has contributed towards developing of 12 very important resource books about Protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and in setting up of Anti Human Trafficking Units (AHTUs).
- Three Day Training Programme of West Delhi Anti Human Trafficking Unit Held in Collaboration With Ahtu Delhi Police , Crime Branch and Shakti Vahini (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Trafficker Wanted in Several Cases Arrested – 5 Victims Rescued (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Trafficker Wanted in Several Cases Arrested (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Cbi Establishes an Anti Human Trafficking Unit; Sets Up Exclusive Helpline Number and Announces Reward to Combat Human Trafficking (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Cbi Establishes an Anti Human Trafficking Unit; Sets Up Exclusive Helpline Number and Announces Reward to Combat Human Trafficking (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- The Fastest Growing Criminal Industry- HUMAN TRAFFICKING (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Centre to ask border states to treat straying kids humanely (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Special Steps for Safety of Children (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Inter State Trafficking – Delhi Couple Held for Human Trafficking (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)