The Social Security (SS) Cell has arrested a placement agent for running a sex racket. The investigation revealed that the agent was misusing photographs of good-looking women job applicants by showing them to his patrons. Dayanand Hangave (36), a resident of Thergaon, was arrested on Monday evening by officials of the SS Cell after a tip-off.
The police suspect Hangave was acting as a middleman between call girls and their clients. The team led by Police Inspector Bhanupratap Barge laid a trap in Landewadi near Bhosari.
“Hangave was in possession of several genuine bio-datas from women since he worked as a placement agent. We suspect that he identified certain photographs to show his clients. But we suspect that the misuse was only limited to showing these photographs, for which we are investigating the extent of this malpractice,” Barge said. Barge added that Hangave was involved in a prostitution racket and used to send other women to his clients.
- Foreign national held for prostitution (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Ghanaian Woman held as cops bust sex racket in India (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Prostitution racket busted (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Policing: Solving tough crime mysteries (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Maid booked for registering false rape case against employer (thehindu.com)
- Sex racket busted, eight girls rescued (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Sex racket case: Police bodies to probe DCP, assets (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Flesh trade racket busted, cop quizzed (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Prostitution racket on premises rented out by DCP, probe ordered (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)