TIMES OF INDIA
MUMBAI: The social service (SS) branch rescued 23 women who had been forced into prostitution from Versova on Saturday morning. Officials also arrested 13 persons, including pimps and the organizers of the racket, and charged them under the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA). The cops are also questioning a constable from Versova police station who was found at the rescue site.
The SS branch laid a trap for the organizers after seeing their ads in English and Marathi tabloids. Two undercover cops asked for two girls to be sent to their house in Andheri (W). “The organizers asked us to send the money with the auto driver who would drop the girls. Our men followed the auto to the Mhada colony, where several flats were being used for prostitution purposes,” said assistant commissioner of police (SS branch), Vasant Dhoble.
- Manipur girls rescued from Mumbai traffickers (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Sex racket busted at Calangute, 14 rescued, 9 arrested (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Sex racket on for 6 months: Cops (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Prayer hall used as prostitution hub in Subbanna Palya (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Morning Motivational Poster – Cleaning (lessoninmotivation.wordpress.com)
- 22 girls saved from flesh trade racket in Mumbai (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Google Gives $11.5M to Fight Slavery (newser.com)
- Prostitution charge: Hingorani, others held (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Mumbai: 30 held for running sex racket, 119 women rescued (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)