News on Anti Trafficking in India and South Asia – NATIONAL LEGAL RESEARCH DESK – A SHAKTI VAHINI RESEARCH INITIATIVE
An information was received from intelligence Agency regarding a consignment of Bangladeshi Passports received at Delhi Airport from Dubai addressed to one Mr. Rony Azad r/o Delhi. Working on this information, a team led by Insps. Badrish Dutt & Kailash Singh Bisht under the supervision of Shri Bhisham Singh Addl. DCP/Special Cell arrested five accused persons namely 1) Sayed Sakhir Hasan, 2) Manoj Kumar Nayak, 3) Manish Kumar Sharma, 4) Kuldeep & 5) Rakesh Behl all resident of New Delhi dealing in illegal human trafficking of foreign and Indian nationals in and out of India. Their arrest led to the recovery of about 97 passports of India, Nepal, Bangladesh and USA, 11 fake visa stickers on passports, stamps of passport offices and UNICEF, dye used in preparing fake visas, computer system and 12 fake visa stickers of USA, Canada, Malaysia & Vietnam and other incriminating documents.
INTERRROGATION – On interrogation Syed Sakhir Hasan @ Rony told that he received foreign passports from Nepal and Dubai through courier and he arranged fake visa for them with the help of Manish Sharma. Manoj Kumar Nayak revealed that he is an associate of Sakhir Hasan and foreign passport couriers were received by him and the same were handed over to Shakir Hasan. Manish Sharma revealed that he arranged fake visa with the help of his associates Kuldeep. Further Kuldeep told that he is involved in illegal human trafficking and was arrested by IGI Police Station about three months ago and is presently on bail. He further revealed that he procured the fake Canadian and European visa stickers from Rakesh Behl @ Titu. Rakesh Behl stated that he is involved in preparing fake visa stickers for the last so many years and prepared the said documents from his computer.
- 11 fake visa stickers with passports out of which 5 passports are of Bangladeshi nationals and 06 are of Indian nationals.
- 12 fake visa stickers.
- Total 97 Passports (1 USA passport, 05 Bangladeshi passports, 45 Nepalese passports & 46 Indian passports)
- Computer system with printer used for preparing fake visa stickers.
- Dye used in preparing fake visa stickers.
- Various stamps of passport offices.
- Three fake stamps of UNICEF.
The accused are in police custody for one week on the orders of the court for further interrogation, recoveries and investigation of the case.
(Arun Kampani) / Deputy Commissioner of Police/ Special Cell, Delhi
PRESS RELEASE DATED : 14/12/2011
- Authorisation letters may be required with Nepalese passport (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Nepali girls held in India with fake passports (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Bar girls: Banned in Mumbai, trafficked to Dubai (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Foreign national held for prostitution (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Lady death abroad reveals home truth (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)