HUMAN TRAFFICKING NEWS IS A SHAKTI VAHINI – NATIONAL LEGAL RESEARCH DESK INITIATIVE
Even as four men were arrested, cops claimed in the past two years at least 45 girls from Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Assam were brought to the capital after being sold in their home states for as little as Rs 15,000-20,000. They were promised “respectable jobs” as maid servants and customer care executives, only to be resold in the city at double the price the agent paid their relatives.
The Union ministry of home affairs has now asked all states and union territories, especially Delhi, to form an antihuman trafficking unit to curb such activities. “We have asked the ACP of each of the district investigating units (DIUs) to lead the unit in their respective district. The crime branch will act as the nodal agency to curb trafficking in the capital,” said asenior crime branch officer.
- Many owners of domestic help placement agencies trafficking, raping women: Report (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Complaints of growing abuse by placement agencies in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 9 girls rescued, kingpin held (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Notorious Trafficker Arrested – 9 Victims Rescued. (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Cops rescue 9 minor girls, arrest man (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitataion of Bonded Labour (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Flesh Trade Racket Busted , Two Touts Held in Haryana (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- NE trafficking victim rescued from Haryana (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Assamese girls forced to work for free, placement agent arrested (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Brides purchased, then exploited in Haryana, Punjab (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)