NATIONAL LEGAL RESEARCH DESK – A SHAKTI VAHINI RESEARCH INITIATIVE
8 September 2011
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) commissioned a study titled “Children migrating for work from Dungarpur district, Rajasthan to Gujarat”. As per the Report submitted in February 2008, migrant children are engaged in Bt. cotton fields in Gujarat.
The Minister of States for (I/C) of Women and Child Development Smt. Krishna Tirath today stated in Rajya Sabha that NCPCR held series of meetings with the State Governments of Gujarat and Rajasthan to draw up an Action Plan to stop this migration of child labour and to review the progress from time to time.
The Minister Smt. Krishna Tirath further revealed that the Government of Gujarat has taken various initiatives, which include Awareness Generation Programmes by releasing press notes, using radio/television, rally of school children, displaying posters/play-cards/banners, hoardings etc., sensitization workshop for officers and stake holders, meetings with Non Governmental Organisations/Trade Unions and owner associations at district level, inspections, formation of State Level Monitoring Committee, Monitoring Cell and District Task Force etc.
- Juvenile Justice (Care And Protection of Children) Act, 2000 (antitraffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Child Exploitation (antitraffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitation of Sexually Assaulted Women (antitraffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Trafficking of Women and Children (antitraffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Sexual Harassment of Children (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Women Trafficking (antitraffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitation of Sex Workers (antitraffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Prevention of Inhuman Treatment of Women (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitation of Sex Workers (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Children in Sex Trade (equalityindia.wordpress.com)