A SHAKTI VAHINI RESEARCH INITIATIVE
The number of complaints received by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights on child exploitation during last three years are 35 in 2007-08, 115 in 2008-09 and 222 in 2009-2010.
Various legislation, namely, Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2000, Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006, Young Persons(Harmful Publication) Act 1956, Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986, Immoral Traffic(Prevention)Act 1956, The Pre-Conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Technique (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, 1994 and others have been enacted for saving the children from exploitation. Besides, the issues relating to child exploitation are addressed by the Government through policies, plans, schemes and programmes which include National Policy on Children 1974, National Charter for Children 2003, Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2000 and its amendment in 2006, Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986, National Plan of Action for Children 2005, Integrated Child Protection Scheme, Scheme for Working Children, etc. The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, a statutory body set up in March 2007, also inquires into the complaints of child exploitation.
This information was given by Smt. Krishna Tirath, Minister of State for Women and Child Development in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
- Rehabilitation of Sex Workers (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Sexual Harassment of Children (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Children in Sex Trade (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Eradication of Child Labour (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitation of Sex Workers (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Women Trafficking (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Prevention of Inhuman Treatment of Women (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Rehabilitation of Child Labourers Working in Food Stalls (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Correcting the Sex Ratio (equalityindia.wordpress.com)