“We got information and on July 13, a team of the anti-human trafficking unit, along with NGO Shakti Vahini, raided the premises of Rajdhani Placement Agency at Rajouri Garden in west Delhi. Three minor girls were rescued. A case under the Juvenile Justice Act, Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act and sections of IPC was registered. Another six girls were rescued after Chaudhary’s arrest,” said Ashok Chand, DCP (crime).
The 41-year-old placement agency owner was questioned at length. He disclosed that he has been running the agency for the past six years. “He bought minor girls through brokers and agents from rural areas of Assam, West Bengal and Orrisa. After being brought to Delhi, the victims were employed as domestic helps. The minor girls – mostly under 12 years – had no knowledge about their salary . All the girls want to go back. They have been sent to Nirmal Chhaya on the directions of the Child Welfare Committee,” said additional DCP Khuswah.
- Notorious Trafficker Arrested – 9 Victims Rescued. (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 9 girls rescued, kingpin held (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Cops rescue 9 minor girls, arrest man (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Assamese girls forced to work for free, placement agent arrested (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Court tells cops to ‘physically’ verify records of fake placement agency (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Complaints of growing abuse by placement agencies in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Traffickers in police net, 9 minors rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Human traffickers’ gang busted in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Interstate human trafficking racket busted – Delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Girl rescued from the clutch of human trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)