Cops said Chaudhary would procure girls through brokers and agents from rural areas of Assam and bring them to Delhi and get them employed as domestic help. These girls had no knowledge about their salary and never really got to contact their parents after coming here. Post rescue, they all expressed willingness to return home, and were sent to Nirmal Chhaya , said cops. “A joint team of Anti-Human Trafficking Unit and NGO Shakti Vahini raided the premises of Rajdhani Placement Agency at Rajouri Garden in west Delhi on Wednesday and the girls were recovered,” said DCP Ashok Chand. Probe has revealed that the agency contacted poor families in Assam and West Bengal and lured their children away with promises of better life and regular salary, police said.
Agents were paid Rs 12,000 per girl as commission by the placement agency, which then charged Rs 20,000 to 25,000 from employers engaging the girls as domestic helps. It also collected salaries of the children on their behalf but the money never reached the families.
- Notorious Trafficker Arrested – 9 Victims Rescued. (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Many owners of domestic help placement agencies trafficking, raping women: Report (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Human traffickers’ gang busted in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Interstate human trafficking racket busted – Delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Two alleged human traffickers held (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Trafficking victim allegedly raped by agent (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Traffickers in police net, 9 minors rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Girl rescued from the clutch of human trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Minor girl rescued from trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Two arrested for human trafficking, nine rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)