- 9 minor girls recovered.
- Owner of Placement Agency arrested.
The officers of Anti Human Trafficking Unit, Crime Branch under the supervision of ACP M.S. Bisht and overall supervision of Addl. DCP/Crime P.S. Kushwah have apprehended Munna Chaudhary owner of a placement agency. 9 minor girls have been recovered. On specific information, on 13/07/2011, a team of Anti Human Trafficking Unit of Crime Branch alongwith Shakti Vahini – NGO raided the premises of Rajdhani Placement Agency at Rajouri Garden, Delhi. 3 minor girls were recovered. A case under Juvenile Justice Act, Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act and Indian Penal Code was registered. Munna Chaudhary (aged 41 years) s/o Mani Lal r/o Shivaji Enclave, Rajouri Garden, Delhi, owner of the Rajdhari Placement Agency was arrested and subjected to intensive interrogation. He disclosed that he has been running the placement agency for the last six years. He procures minor girls through brokers/agents from rural areas of Assam and after being brought to Delhi, they are employed as domestic help. The minor girls had no knowledge about their salary and they had no contact with the parents after coming to Delhi. All the girls expressed their willingness to go to their parents. All the rescued minor girls have been sent to Nirmal Chaya on the directions of Child Welfare Committee.
Investigations revealed that brokers and agents of the placement agency trafficked minor children from Assam and West Bengal and brought them to Delhi. These brokers/agents contacted poor parents of the children, won their confidence and then lured them by promising a better future for their child and money to them in the form of salary. After being brought to Delhi they were handed over to the placement agency. The brokers/agents were paid Rs.12,000/- per girl as commission by the placement agency. The placement agency charged Rs.20,000/- to 25,000/- from the employer for providing the girls as domestic help. There after they also collected the salary of the child but it hardly reached the parents. 6 more girls have been recovered. All the rescued girls are residents of Assam. All of them were produced before the Child Welfare Committee and have been sent to Nirmal Chaya on the directions of Child Welfare Committee.
Munna Chaudhary (aged 41 years) s/o Mani Lal r/o Shivaji Enclave, Rajouri Garden, Delhi – He is resident of Village Paneri District Udalguri, Assam where he studied upto 7th standard. He shifted to Delhi in the year 2004 in search of employment. He started Radhani Placement Agency in the year 2005. His finances are also being probed.
Further investigation is in progress.
Ravi Kant President Shakti Vahini has stated that a list of 400 victims have been provided to the Law Enforcement Agencies and all victims are being searched . Also we are in touch with Assam Police who have arrived in Delhi to take custody of the accused trafficker as they have in searching him for the last six years. He is also wanted in several cases in Assam.
- Many owners of domestic help placement agencies trafficking, raping women: Report (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Human traffickers’ gang busted in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Girl rescued from the clutch of human trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Interstate human trafficking racket busted – Delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Minor girl rescued from trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Flesh Trade Racket Busted , Two Touts Held in Haryana (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Trafficking victim allegedly raped by agent (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Traffickers in police net, 9 minors rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Two alleged human traffickers held (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Married man caught selling Assamese minor for Rs 1.5 lakh (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)