PRABHU RAZDAN , HINDUSTAN TIMES
The officers were lectured to be sensitive while dealing with cases of domestic violence, human trafficking, child abuse, etc. “Faridabad‘s Central Police station has been designated as the nodal police station to deal with cases of human trafficking,” said AK Rao, Joint Commissioner of Police, Faridabad.
“The cops selected for working in this special cell of Central Police station will receive proper training and also study about human trafficking through distance education,” Rao said. The workshop of police officers was held to change the “mindset of the policemen” towards sensitive issues such as domestic violence, human trafficking, etc.Some of the policemen attending the workshop presented a grim view of the actual situation on ground. They said it was totally different than what the prescribed laws preach.”Police has to deal with cases in which women and children are involved very carefully so that their rights are protected,” said Ravi Kant, a supreme court lawyer and head of NGO Shakti Vahini while making presentation before the policemen at the workshop.”But on the ground we come across many cases when a woman snatches chain of another woman. It then becomes difficult for the police to handle such cases,” said SHO SGM Nagar Ravinder Kumar.
“We had a case in which a woman got a case registered against her husband under 498A(dowry), took money from him, married another man and leveled similar charges against him too,” Kumar said.”In such a situation what are we supposed to do?” he asked.The police officers said the Central police station in Faridabad is among one of the three such police stations to deal with human trafficking cases in entire Haryana. “One is in Panchkula and another one in Gurgaon,” Rao added.
- Workshop on Child Protection and Violence Against Women Held at Faridabad in Collaboration With Police Department (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- NGOs under scanner for child trafficking (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Texas to Get Tough on Human Trafficking and Sex Trafficking (sleepingbeautyslavery.wordpress.com)
- Workshop on Child Protection Held at Gurgaon in Collaboration With Nipccd and Childline (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Child protection committee to be set up soon (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- ‘Human trafficking’ victims saved (bbc.co.uk)
- 14-year-old trafficked Manipur girl rescued in Gurgaon (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)