HINDUSTAN TIMES NEW DELHI
A 14 year old Manipuri girl was rescued by the Gurgaon Police from the basement of a Sector 56 apartment. The accused, a man named Bikku Ranpal, 24, wanted to sell her off in marriage for Rs 50,000, the police said. “Girls from various parts of the country are brought to Haryana illegally to be sold for marriage as the state’s sex ratio is very low,” said Rishipal a member of Shakti Vahini, the NGO which helped the police rescue the girl.
But the accused insists that he had eloped with the girl with the intention of marrying her. A case under various sections of IPC has already been registered against Ranpal at the Sigmai police station of Manipur in January. “We will hand him over to the Manipur police. They have already been informed about his arrest,” said a senior police officer.
- Childline Se Dosti Campaign – Shakti Vahini and Childline Gurgaon in Collaboration With Gurgaon Police (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Maharashtra minor rescued from Sushant Lok (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Don’t call women, elderly to police stations, cops told (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- House owner who tortured 8-yr-old held, released on bail (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- “Ensure treatment of abused child” (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Police Training at Police Station Mayur Vihar Organised by Shakti Vahini in Collaboration With Jjpu Nanakpura Delhi Police (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Two child labourers rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)