ADITYA DEV , TIMES OF INDIA GURGAON
GURGAON: A day after an injured 8-year-old was rescued from a DLF-I house, where he was tortured and forced to do household chores, the city police on Thursday arrested owner of the house Ishwar Kumar Gupta and presented him before civil judge Rajesh Gupta at the district court. The accused was subsequently granted a bail.
Gurgaon Police, which was earlier reluctant to file an FIR in the case, swung into action on Thursday with Police commissioner SS Deswal ensuring a proper investigation in the case. Deswal also promised that a video clip, which shows the child being tortured by a woman in E-5/13 DLF-I, will be used as an evidence during the inquiry. The shocking video record is currently in TOIs possession.
We will use the video as evidence in the investigation. Police are going to do a thorough inquiry in the case, said S S Deswal, city police commissioner. According to senior police officials, the woman in the house may also be arrested soon on the basis of the visual evidence. The woman is reportedly the wife of the accused. In the FIR on Wednesday, the police had only named Ishwar Gupta.
NGO Shakti Vahini, which rescued the child with the help of local police, wanted to include the video clip as part of the evidence. Shakti Vahini runs a CHILDLINE in the city.
Based on the video, we are not only going to register a case against the woman, but also against other family members of the house, said Vikas Arora, DCP (east). The police registered case against Gupta under sections 23 (punishment for cruelty to juvenile or child), 26 (exploitation of juvenile or child employee) of Juvenile Justice Act and 374 (unlawful compulsory labour) of IPC.
The child was allegedly kept as bonded labor and subjected to physical torture for last two months by the owners of the house. When rescued, Usman (name changed) had injury marks and scars on his body, including his face. His hands were swollen due to washing utensils in cold water.
A scared Usman had told TOI reporter that the house owner used provoke his dog to bite him.
- Don’t call women, elderly to police stations, cops told (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Stake Holders Meeting With Juvenile Police Officers – Organised by Shakti Vahini in Collaboration With Women and Child Police Unit Nanakpura ,delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Childline Se Dosti Campaign – Gurgaon Childline and Shakti Vahini (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 55 kids go missing in 11 months in Gurgaon (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- ‘Victims won’t go to police station’ (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Childline Se Dosti Campaign – Shakti Vahini and Childline Gurgaon in Collaboration With Gurgaon Police (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Major Trafficking Racket From West Bengal Busted in Delhi- a Joint Effort of West Bengal Police , Shakti Vahini , Crime Branch Delhi Police. (shaktivahinivideos.wordpress.com)
- Police Training at Police Station Mayur Vihar Organised by Shakti Vahini in Collaboration With Jjpu Nanakpura Delhi Police (activistindia.wordpress.com)